Welcome to the University of the Ozarks NCAA Compliance website. Our athletic department is committed to maintaining the highest level of integrity within all of our athletic programs.
We have developed this website for everyone associated with the University of the Ozarks Athletics to better understand and comply with NCAA rules and regulations.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Natalie Dreyer in the University of the Ozarks Compliance office.
Director of Compliance: Natalie Dreyer (479-979-1334)
Compliance Fax: 479-979-1330
Information and Resources for College-Bound Student-Athletes and Parents
Hazing Prevention in College Athletics Handbook
Gambling on College Sports: What's the Big Deal?
What Does NCAA Division III Athletics Have to Offer?
- Division III athletics provides a well-rounded collegiate experience that involves a balance of rigorous academics, competitive athletics, and the opportunity to pursue the multitude of other co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities offered on Division III campuses.
- Division III playing season and eligibility standards minimize conflicts between athletics and academics, allowing student-athletes to focus on their academic programs and the achievement of a degree.
- Division III offers an intense and competitive athletics environment for student-athletes who play for the love of the game, without the obligation of an athletics scholarship.
- Division III athletics departments place special importance on the impact of athletics on the participants rather than on the spectators. The student-athlete’s experience is of paramount concern.
- Division III athletics departments are dedicated to offering broad-based programs with a high number and wide range of athletics participation opportunities for both men and women.
- Division III places primary emphasis on regional in-season and conference competition, while also offering 36 national championships annually.
- Division III affords student-athletes the opportunity to discover valuable lessons in teamwork, discipline, perseverance and leadership, which in turn make student-athletes better students and responsible citizens.
- Division III features student-athletes who are subject to the same admission standards, academic standards, housing and support services as the general student body. The integration of athletics with the larger institution enables student-athletes to experience all aspects of campus life.